A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Green Light Day

On 9/14/2021, on a regular day in Maryland/DC with beautiful weather,stunning actually, Ryan’s main doctor, Aziza Shad, invited us to speak at Georgetown Medical School Grand Rounds. We were delighted to help her with the lecture of Childhood Cancer Survivorship and Late Effects. Even my husband, Bill, rode downtown to take in this event. He’s never gone before and wanted to see what our part of the lecture would hold.

We had a nice trip to Washington DC with light traffic despite the beat up roads, cranes everywhere, and road detours/lane closures required to fix those beat up and pitted roads on the main thoroughfares getting into the city and slow traffic once we got from MD to DC.

The lecture was at 11:00 am to noon. Dr. Shad, as always, and an excellent speaker, knocked her part of the hour out of the park. Then Ryan and I were called to the stage. Ryan started out telling the eager medical students (and others) what it is like being a 5X cancer survivor. He had them laughing! The crowd, I could tell, was on our side. They were hungry for a story, and we delivered.

Then it was my turn to talk. I hit many points about being a parent, what people can do to help, finances at that time (Bill jumped in at this point), what medical students can do to work the parents and children in their charge, and never underestimate the power of a chocolate chip cookie. Then Ryan and I did a one-two punch on video games, meals, and the attending doctors these students in front of us can learn from…the very best in DC metro area. Our 30 minutes flew by.

TBC

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: