A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Green Light Day (continued)

By noon, another group was taking over the auditorium, so we took our group out into the hallway. There, Ryan, Bill and I, along with Dr. Shad, fielded more questions from the students. They couldn’t get enough, or so I thought. When Dr. Shad mentioned that I had written a book, 8-10 students clamored around a small table to buy one since I brought several just in case this would happen. One student, who wants to be a cardiologist, told me that it was the best lecture she’s heard all year. It was profound, powerful and raw, she added. Others chimed in similar what the potential cardiologist said. 

After all the hullabaloo died down and everyone moved on, Ryan mentioned that he’d like to have lunch in Georgetown. Bill and I were OK with it, but I was not sure because of parking problems on the main streets. The distance of the hospital to the restaurant was over a half mile away. The temperature was hovering around 90 degrees. I made a deal, if we could find a spot to park, we could do it. We drove over to Wisconsin Ave where the restaurant he selected was. Sure enough, the magic wand full of fairy dust began its swathe over us. There was exactly one large parking space right in front of the restaurant. Green light? Miracle?

When I put the parking location in the persnickety app to pay for the space, it worked like a charm. Green light. Lunch was fabulous and the three of us left elated.

TBC

BSoleille!

Terri

photo from lecture at Georgetown Medical School


No comments: