A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Sole Sisters in the Mitten

A planned trip to Michigan (six months in the making) with the BGCC gals finally commenced yesterday with driving many hours to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Area (Lake Michigan). The six soul sole sisters include: Rosalie Franek, Helen Gruneisen, Laura Hennessey, Laura Murphy, Jodie Smith and me.

We all met while running fall cross-country at Bowling Green State University beginning in 1980. I am/we are all blessed that we have maintained strong and continued friendships for over 35 years, and that we could all carve out time in our schedules to do what we like best...run, bike, kayak, hike, and eat good food after all those activities.

Today we started out with a 3 or 5 mile run (depending on which group you were in); an hour of yoga, a hike through the dunes plus checking out a few light-houses in the area and then dinner. It was an active day, and I hope I have the energy to keep up with these sole sisters for a few more days!

BSoleille! The bright side of BG Girls gone Wonderful!
Terri

Terri, Jodie in front; L-R in back; Rosalie, Laura H., Hp and Laura M.

Super foggy initially...


Rosalie in Lake Michigan

Awesome Sunset


Where all our friendships blossomed...running lots of miles together for years....


No comments: