A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Desert Dunes

On my last full day before heading to the airport at 10:00pm, driver Osama agreed to drive me out the the Arabian desert 2.5 hours south of Abu Dhabi. We were about 16 miles from the Saudi Arabian border, and the landscape was "out of this world"; and I don’t even have to mention that was very hot, do I? Really, to a tune of 57 degrees Celsius, or about 135 degrees Fahrenheit. Yikes! The photo was a very quick in and out of the air conditioned car...the sand very hot as well. I believe this area is one of the largest deserts on earth, and no one else was around for miles...extreme heat keeps people away and indoors. 

While sitting at the gate waiting to board, and thinking about the last few days in the UAE, I could not be more thankful of this entire trip experience. From the fantastic people in Ethiopia and the donation of quilts to the cancer kids in Addis Ababa, coupled with a woman that was a friend of a friend of a friend that opened her home and heart to a "perfect stranger", to host me that we now call each other, friend, I am one happy, grateful and lucky girl. 

BSoleille! The bright side of rejoining my family very soon (and to sleep in my own bed with my hubby next to me)!

Terri


No comments: