A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pediatric Reception

Tonight Dr. Aziza Shad and her Hem/Onc Pediatric Advisory Board (I am a member) hosted a Thank You Reception for the donors, sponsors, foundations and in-kind donations (think quilts to every newly diagnosed pediatric patient). Everyone is on the same page in helping the kids (plus siblings and parents) get through difficult times when a child is diagnosed with cancer; no task/donation/gesture is too small or too large as mentioned by Dr. Shad in her remarks. I am also thankful that three members of the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild joined me in attending this wonderful reception, as their work in quilts brings joy to the many kids and families we "serve". Amen

BSoleille!  The bright side of Thank You!

Terri

Photo 1:  Mary Kay Kerr, Dr. Shad, Mary Nielsen, me, Susan Navarro


Photo 2:Donna Shank, me, Dr. Shad, Allison, Marilyn Eichner, Patty Lubin and Carmen Cheng

No comments: