A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Contemporary Quilt Artist

My guilds' program tonight hosted contemporary quilt artist Diane Rusin Doran. Her computer generated images and color design are outstanding, coupled with very heavily machine quilting makes her quilts simply exquisite!  She also incorporates techniques that go beyond the traditional (I like this), but her very precise machine quilting appealed to me the most!  Impressively, her work has garnered many awards in digital imagery and innovative gatagories in quilt shows throughout the nation. Diane' passion about her work made her a delightful speaker and a force to be reckoned with in the world of art quilts. 

www.dianedoran.com

BSoleillle!  The bright side of contemporary quilting!

Terri

Photo of Diane and one of her award winning quilts: "Return of the Grackle" 2010


No comments: