A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Great Compliment

Soccer Referreeing was the top order of business today with 5 games in about 6 and 1/2 hours in glorious sunshine and around 75 degrees. They were typical rec games encompassing boys (and girls on boys' teams) age groups from U7 through U14's. Everyone was pleasant; from the coaches (who ultimately set the tone), to the parents and then down to the players.

 But what I'm thankful most from today is a comment I received from one of the players as we were walking off the field after a game. He looked up at me and asked me if I will be referreeing all their games. When I delicately said, "probably not, but it is certainly possible I may be back", he responded that "he hopes I come back because he thought I did a nice job"!  He was probably 10 or 11, and I do not think his team even won the game but I felt his comment was sincere (I'm sticking with this), and it made my day!!!

BSoleille! The bright side of "out of the mouth of babes"!

Terri

No comments: