A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, June 21, 2021

Welcome Summer 2021!

I just love rolling off my tongue; summer solstice. There is something lyrical and magical about, as well as it is my favorite season of all–even hot humid days. Our day in the Mid-Atlantic started off with a 5:41 am (not up yet) sunrise, but our day of sun got cut short by a huge thunderstorm that wielded it's way through the area, cutting off the longest day of the year in sunbeams to Earth. But I'll take it.

Last year I strapped myself into a dining room chair to write and write and write some more. Bill too. We took a lunch break and a walk/run around the Crofton Parkway most every day. Everything was tentative. The most weird summer of my life. I really wanted the summer of 2020 to be special. It was in a whole different way by losing my mom in July and a raging Virus. 

Hopefully, we can celebrate 2021 like today's Solstice, June 21, 2021. A different year. Different dreams. Summer plans in the making for fun in the sun. 

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo by "The Best Daughter" of making a splash in our local pool by swimming laps (though foot cramps and leg cramps did stop me in my "tracks/lane.") 




No comments: