A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Countdown to 3,000 Posts

Today marks 190 days left of 2021. If I blog everyday until the end of this year, I could accomplish a goal of 3,000 posts in 10 years, with six days built in to play with (read: take off). This is a good challenge for me. In the first year I started it, 2012, I never missed a day. Yep, I blogged 365 days in a row. I sweated it out on several days once the clock hit 11:30pm, then 11:45pm and a frantic last 15 minutes to get out the post before I turned into a pumpkin at midnight. 

If The Little Engine That Could book's signature phrase is: "I think I can," I can too. Hey, I've proven once before that I can do it. Easy, right?

Well, I've swung the gauntlet down on myself. There are no rewards except the challenge I put forth, and hopefully, accomplishing the goal this coming New Year's Eve. It will be a day to celebrate for sure. Today's post is my 2,819th. 

You can bet that the best I can do it try each day. I promise you (and myself) I will.

BSoleille! The bright side of not letting the sun go down on me...(Elton John)

Terri

Sunset over Chicago from the Indiana Dunes — 61st US National Park



No comments: