A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Cyclocross

What is Cyclocross? After seeing it today and cheering on my friend Tom Franek, I can tell you that it is basically a cross country race on a bicycle. Invented by the Belgians and other European countries that wanted something to do in the cycling "off season", cyclocross is a combination of several "short" laps of 1.5-2 miles in length, coupled with wooded trails, pavement, steep hills and obstacles, along with sand, like the NEO Cyclocross races that were held today at Edgewater Park in Cleveland, Ohio; right on the shores of Lake Erie. It is truly something to see, and from what I gathered, quite fun to do, though very grueling, and each lap seems to get a wee bit harder from the one before.

And because Tom Franek is a competitor and a phenomenal athlete, he was able to "podium", winning not only his age group, but the younger age group as well. I was thankful to cheer him on along with his wife, Rosalie, and to see him win at a big event. The day was perfect with sunny skies and perfect temperatures for all athletes to grit out the tough course (the sand, I think, being the most difficult part). A big shout of Congratulations to Tom on his big win today!

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of Tom, plus Rosalie and I at Edgewater Park in Cleveland, Ohio.







No comments: