A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Out of Africa er Crofton

Apparently is does not take much for a local (neighborhood) kitty cat named Snookie to stealthily hunt down a field mouse and bring it to her mistress, right before my eyes and Loo-C-Loo's too. More unbelievable was the fact when she darted into the fray (huge flower and treed garden in the front yard), and snatched the mouse, the lady and her husband of the house were weeding and talking while Snookie did her predatory kill. And then, after a few moments, she existed the "bush" and proudly carried that poor mouse back across the street and paid no attention to the fact Loo-C-Loo and I were that close to her and her kill before she deposited it on "her" doorstep. From lions to lionesses and even to cute neighborhood  domestic kitty cats, the instinct to hunt down something is part of their predatory behavior, and for Snookie, maybe just a gift for her owner.

BSoleille!
Terri

Snookie and her mouse...

No comments: