A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Limping Along

Limping along today, and not from the five games of soccer...no, rather, it's my iPhone6. Two months ago, I replaced a cracked screen which I lived with for over two years. Today, with my alarm set for 6:00am for a match start time of 8:00am, and 35 miles away, I was "lucky" to get up with the sun and not from a piercing set alarm from my phone because the phone died overnight! Ugh! And even though I was phone less and feeling "naked" the whole day without it, surprisingly, it did not invoke panic. However, I will admit it did feel kind of strange, and I can't believe how dependent I've become on having it with me at all times (and in good working order). There were so many things I wanted to check (like the games I was working when there was a discrepancy with the other refs I was assigned to work with today and the weather forecast) but couldn't. I was literally "reverting" to the "days of old", or BP (before phones - and the information age of having everything known to man at your fingertips).

When you stop and think about this, isn't any smartphone truly the most amazing piece of technology known to the whole world now? And this "world" fits nicely in your hand, and in your pocket!

Once home it was off to the Apple store to see what they could do for me and my "overworked" phone and its battery (because, quite frankly, I did not want to wait another day if I could help it without a phone)! Thankfully, all the phone "needed" was to have the three year old battery replaced (plus 79 bucks) and that was it... Whew! I hope I get a long life out of this one for sure and I will plan to limp along through a few generation of iPhones coming down the pike (unless the 10th Anniversary one is too compelling...)

BSoleille! The bright side of a working iPhone once again.

Terri


No comments: