A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Sea of Red - Caps Parade!

I’m thankful to have attended the Washington Capitals parade on the Mall in DC with Bill, Don and Ryan. It was great to celebrate the day with 500,000 other fans on a beautiful sunny day! Frankly, it’s my first victory parade I’ve ever been to. I didn’t make it to the Cleveland Cavaliers parade in 2016, and when I lived in Cleveland, no big professional team won a championship (Indians were close in 1996 on the run for the pennant/World Series), and the Browns were never Super Bowl contenders...then or now.

Although some teams make it look "easy" winning championships, it is really is a very difficult task, especially to come out on top through a grueling playoff season as the NHL. So kudos to the players who made all the fans feels as special as them today: everyone was #ALLCAPS!!

BSoleille! The bright side of Stanley Cup Champions Parade!

Terri


No comments: