A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Shameless Ad (Not Really)

How is everyone doing with spending their gift cards received at Christmas?  I still had one for Eddie Bauer that my son bought for me, but the few times I went after the holidays and late winter, nothing caught my eye to buy. That changed today, however. While doing errands in Annapolis this afternoon, I suggested to my husband I would like to make one stop at the mall to the Eddie Bauer store. While shopping there, I ran into my friend Eileen and her husband Steve, who incidentally, are world travelers. They stopped in to buy a backpack for their trip to China later this summer (Steve already had done research on them and knew the store had them). So once Eileen showed me the "collapsible bag", I knew instantly that I wanted one too, and this was a good "gift" for my gift card expenditure. Is this peer pressure? Nah, just a good travel bag to put in the suitcase and then use at will while traveling. With such luggage restrictions nowadays, this is a great alternative to large heavy totes I normally slug through airports and beyond. I am thankful for the "find"!

The "shameless" ad part is that they apparently only sell them in the summer, and already were out of some colors in the backpack style. I think they would be great gifts for those adventure types on a gift list; birthday or holiday. Price:$30

BSoleille! The bright side of a Christmas present in June!
Terri 



No comments: