A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 1, 2020

M&M Sew Charming's Virtual Class!

My friend Mary Nielsen, and her quilting friend, Marjorie Mulla, both quilters extraordinaires, started M&M Sew Charming to keep the glue going with their Florida quilting guild during COVID. They are like the Laurel and Hardy of the quilting world. Funny and articulate with a wealth of sewing and quilting knowledge between them, it behooves you, if you are a quilter, to tune into their antics, quilt talk (think a la Car Talk on NPR) plus tidbits, and yesterday, a virtual class through Facebook Live. They are also learning "on the job" of how to use FB Live and Zoom in conjunction to putting on a class for many to enjoy. These gals can go national with their schtick, and you can report back that you heard it here "first."

Click the link below to check them out:


This class was the catalyst I needed to get my creative juices flowing once again with something new and fun (think summer quilt!), sew my other projects with NeedleOnFull will fall back in line nicely. A huge shout out to Susie Stevenson for hosting me at her great big social distancing dining room table, working and cutting and sewing on our own fabrics and quilt. 

BSoleille! The bright side of a fresh summer quilt I'm naming: Ladybugs & Lemons! I've only finished (9) blocks; with (26) more to go; it will eventually be a nice sized quilt for sure...and I love the newspring background!

Terri




No comments: