A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, August 10, 2020

In Season - Canning Tomatoes!

The abundance of vegetables, especially tomatoes in August, is off the charts. And that is just in the DC/ Maryland/Virginia areas. If you have canned (maybe it should be called glassed, no?) any vegetable or even jam, you know how delicious and fresh the taste is - and a wonderful addition to the pantry throughout the rest of summer and into the fall when used in soups and stews...that's tomatoes in the soups and stews, not jam. 

So a huge shout out of Thanks to my canning buddies, Patty Lubin and Marilyn Eichner, for without them, and Patty's gracious hospitality in using her kitchen, I would not have 18 quarts of the liquid "gold." I typically dole it out sparingly in my cooking needs, but when I use it, everything tastes just a wee bit better, and most importantly, a lot fresher. 

I'll wait a couple of months when the weather cools to make that first pot of chili and break into my canned tomato stash. My mouth is watering even thinking about it!

BSoleille! The bright side of including roma tomatoes in our canning this year.

Terri




No comments: