A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, July 13, 2020

RIP Mom!

Today is the day we lay my Mom to her final resting place with a Mass of Christian burial in the next couple of hours. So my post will be short and poignant on this glorious day in Cleveland, Ohio.

It’s the finality and gravity of the one person who knows me the longest, and perhaps, the best, from the day I was born, plus the nine month “incubation” period, or, now, at 58 years old. My mission is to keep the good memories locked into my heart and share with those closest to me and her as we move on without her.

These particular days are never easy for anyone experiencing burying their Mother, across the globe or in any culture. I believe the feelings are really quite the same no matter where one lives, or how many resources are spent or not spent, or the traditions surrounding the death, we are the “same.” It’s the humanity in all of us to our final moment.

We grieve and will move on as best as we can. Love you Mom!

RIP, Sophie (Zosia) Nolan!



No comments: