A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 5, 2020

US Federal Courthouse Quilt Show - Greenbelt Maryland

Every year, quilters from a couple of guilds in Maryland could possibly get selected to show a quilt or two at the US Federal Courthouse in Greenbelt, Maryland. This year, it was opened up to folks around the state of Maryland where approximately 46 different quilters are showcased on three levels of the courthouse. I was lucky enough to be chosen for one of my quilts: "Choppy Seas" that hung in our guild's quilt show last year. The show opened February 5th and runs through April 24th 2020.

A couple of days ago, I went with fellow quilter, guild member and friend, Barbara Dahlberg, where we lingered around the courthouse and checked out every quilt in the show. It's fantastic I must admit.

And due to the fact photos are discouraged while the courthouse is in session, I was unable to take a photo of "Choppy Seas" hanging in a "prominent" spot. However, there is a reception in a couple of weeks where I will be able to do just that. Shhh, we snuck in one photo that is shown below!

If local, check out this lovely venue for showcasing about 50 quilts on three levels (there are elevators and escalators) at the US Federal Courthouse in Greenbelt, Maryland.

BSoleille!

Terri






2 comments:

Pat Merrill said...

The Courthouse is a perfect place to display art. I did get a picture of your quilt as we hung them but prior to the information tags being added so I had no idea who did what. Love the boats! My first time to help hang and first time ever to have a quilt in a show. That is my quilt behind you in your picture. It's called "What Lurks Beneath". Still waiting for it to come home! I am a member of the Pax River Quilters Guild in St Mary's County.

Pat Merrill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.