A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Before and After - "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands!"

One thing "good" about the Covid-19 sequester is completing a house task on the to-do list, right? So when I painted those green walls in my kitchen porcelain white in early February (way before the virus was on the radar), at least for the USA, I told my husband to hold on to his opinion because there was a method to my madness and my vision for this big wall.

Years ago, when son Ryan needed Home/Hospital Teaching, we hung two maps in this same space, albeit a wee bit smaller, of the USA and a map of the world (Thank you, Nurse Anne DeLuca). Fast forward 18 or so years, and I knew I still wanted a huge wall map of the world in that large wall space. I combed the internet looking for the "perfect" one, and found it through Etsy - Academia Maps: https://www.academiamaps.com/

The maps are linen like fabric with a repositionable sticky back (peel and stick) that was easy enough to install with three sets of hands, especially with a larger size map. I am thrilled with the final result and grateful to Academia Maps for their quality maps and their awesome customer service.

Cheers to our world, hopefully a safer and healthier one in the months ahead for all seven billion of us, and like the song says: "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."

Terri




Painting Party of One

The map came in three sections


No comments: