A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, March 13, 2020

#CelebratingOthers with Leslie Sumner - the Southern Comforters 2020 Featured Quilter

Due to the coronavirus precaution everywhere around the USA, our beloved "The Best little Quilt Show" in Maryland has been cancelled for next weekend (March 21-22). Our Featured Quilter - Leslie Sumner, was set all and ready to go with her display of beautiful quilts and more. Of course, we are all very disappointed, but Leslie, I can assure you, makes beautiful quilts, and her sense of color is amazing. She loves to work in bright, lush and saturated colors, but Leslie has commented that some of her best results come from working outside of her comfort zone (dull or even boring tones). Unfortunately, she will not be able to share her journey of quilting with the public for now...

It is rare that I do a follow-up on my #CelebratingOthers post, but I must today with Leslie. Almost a year and a half ago I did my initial post:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/QgrcJHsHkKrChtTrsFhXVcGBbFMmTwnmKZg

If you recall, I was intrigued with Leslie's quilting, of course, but her adventurous spirit as a United Airlines Flight Attendant, I believe, intrigued me even more. She's been flying the friendly skies for 52 years now and is currently 90th on the worldwide list of flight attendants in seniority, and 4th on the list in the DC Metro region. She has traveled to some amazing places lately, especially Israel, a work and pleasure trip she shared with her husband Tim.

It seems that the whole world is sailing in uncharted waters, and it's no different with our guild and show. We will look forward to our Quilt Bingo slated for October 3, 2020; and our 2021 show next March. I will keep everyone posted on our show through my blog and Facebook, and our website: southerncomforters.org which is another avenue for further information.

I certainly hope Leslie's quilts will be displayed to the public at some point, most likely at next years show. She thankfully gave our guild a sneak peek of her quilts this past Wednesday. My photos below are some of her quilts, plus Leslie even made the 2020 Raffle Quilt. We plan to draw a winning ticket as soon as it's "safe" to have a meeting once again.

BSoleille!

Terri

Leslie below with the 2020 raffle quilt






No comments: