A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Jenga Anyone? Quilter's Scrap Style

Sew... I've worked over 40 hours in culling my 18+ years of a "scrap pile" of quilting fabrics and beyond. This project has required me to stand, either at my ironing board wrestling with all the wrinkled fabric that was squeezed into bags, boxes and other vessels to "contain" them all, or standing at my dining room table where my cutting mat lives. It's been a great exercise in organizing stuff that I told myself I would get to it "some day." I can thankfully say that this week has been that "some day."

Kudos to several members of my guild who graciously shared their thoughts on how they organize their scraps (by sizes, colors, types of fabrics etc.) that I truly appreciated. However, bee-mates, Mary Nielsen and Carrie Casto, have inspired me to stay the course and keep wrangling through my stash of scraps. It was great to stay the course, because as I found out, it has been way more tedious than I thought (and probably why I put it off for soooo long.)

BSoleille! The bright side of safely saying that I'm all scraped out!

Terri

Photos below indicate my piles, including the "Jenga" pile of 2.5" squares, and then how neat everything is now. Whew! Back to NeedleOnFull Tshirt Quilts and Long-Arm Quilting!




No comments: