A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, March 16, 2020

"Invasion" of Home Office or Offices of the Home?

My husband affectionately teases me that our whole house is a "quilt studio," and he's not far off the truth (but.. I can assure you there is NO fabric in the kitchen-except linens). I should also admit that I am a surface hog and that large chunks of my projects spill over into the vestiges of our living room (my office), but not too much beyond, ahem. My Long-Arm machine, tenderly called: MaryX2, has a room all her own, but shares it with sewing supplies and a lot of fabric for all my projects in various states of completion (and even those percolating in my mind if you can believe that)!

Sew...when Bill joined me in the "home office" brigade last week, we've managed quite well (but...it's only day 6 - in business days) so far. Then, the coronavirus kicked in like an Australian wildfire over the past week, and our governor's directive that Maryland would go into a lockdown state and shelter in place was immediate. This mandate, of course, has affected a lot of businesses and the work from home approach in telecommunication(s). And just like that (snap of fingers), another home office was needed for our son Ryan and his work with InstallNET. Not a problem, right?

Thankfully, I've got to say the three of us are working in harmony in three different parts of the house, and it's working out sew well! (Let's hope the WIFI holds up too and they don't mind the hum of my machines).

BSoleille! The bright side of three offices of the home.

Terri







No comments: