A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

#SilverLinings - Showing Kindness in These Crazy Times...A Bottle of Red...

Moments ago, we had a knock on the front door, of course, not expecting anyone or anything. So what a great surprise to open the door, and find this; an "emergency kit" comprised of a bottle of wine and a roll of toilet paper (ala "secret sewing sister/secret santa etc.) and two balloons for the festive and much appreciated gift! The "secret gift giver" was found out as I ran out the door to give a shout of ThANKS to a truck parked near my house. Come to find out it was the great idea of my bee-mate, Debbi Carter, and her husband, Tim, (who is her Robin to her Batwoman!)

My husband, Bill, and I can't shut up about this display of community and thoughtfulness on so many levels. We are inspired to pay if forward, and invite my blogpost readers to do the same if the mood strikes! #HowCanWeHelpOthers...

When this whole Covid-19 virus started, my hope was that our world would experience more silver linings then complaints about social isolation, and this one certainly has brought hope and gratefulness beyond anything we've would have witnessed even three weeks ago.

One more item to share (I get nothing to post it btw), is the Budweiser commercial that is very inspiring as well! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_t9niMNkdg

BSoleille! The bright side of Debbi and Tim Carter!

Terri



No comments: