A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Lingering Thoughts of Aruba...

The beautiful tropical island of Aruba was stunning (and looked fake in a lot of our photos), but the dedicated time spent with "The Best Daughter" was the biggest treat of all for me. Sure, the turquoise waters and snorkeling adventures in that sea were out of this world, but our true bonding time spent as a Mom/Daughter team captured my heart most of all.

As I reflect back on our almost week there, thoughts of gratefulness dance around my head, and I could not be more proud of the wonderful young woman my daughter has become today. This was evident in all the people we met in our travels around Aruba, along with both of our reactions and conversations with the folks we met from all over the USA and beyond. It's funny to think we "know" our kids, and we do, but I think we get to know them a wee bit more when there is travel and tight quarters involved. But isn't it the "reacquainting" with our now adult children that we learn can now be our friend? I think this is the greatest blessing of all for sure.

Cheers to an awesome trip with an awesome gal that I am humbled to call my daughter, and my unrivaled friend.

BSoleille! The bright side of the Mother/Daughter relationship!







No comments: