A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

It's National Quilting Day for 2020!

It's National Quilting Day, and we quilters should be celebrating this great "holiday" for those with lodes of patience to start and finish a quilt...any quilt! I think we are, but not at a show (bummer!), or a shop, or gathering with friends who sew. But due to technology, I am super thankful that my bee was able to "celebrate" our day by using the app: Zoom. It's free for 40 minutes of a "meeting" or meet up, and because we wanted to share, we did two 40 minute-ers (or close to it). Remember, there were five or six of us on the video chat, which gives everyone a chance to talk and share without worry. You can check it out here: https://zoom.us/

Once my chats were completed (another one with my SA group late in the afternoon), I needed to make only ONE block to finish this quilt (started in 2017) entitled: Scrap Soup with 2.5" Strips. I wanted to finish this scrap quilt due to the saying, especially in these trying times, "when life gives you scraps, make a quilt." I can't believe I let two years go by without making one dang block to finish it, but no longer, it's done!

BSoleille! The bright side of celebrating National Quilting Day however we can.

Terri

Photos below of the Scrap Soup Quilt and my Just Sew Bee (members now hail from Arizona, Florida, and Maryland).



Deb Hoppe, me, Carrie Casto, Mary Nielsen and Susie Stevenson (Karen Todd was on but her phone was dying, and Deb Carter had audio difficulties), This was our first trial with  Zoom, and I believe more successful than not. Zoom is trending all over the USA and beyond for collaborative meetings and meet-ups!


No comments: