A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, May 9, 2019

So What's Up with "Throw-Away" Appliances?

Nowadays, it seems like appliances, specifically a run-of-the-mill microwave, don't last very long. Ours went kaput a few days ago (not even five years old!), and it made me/us realized how much we are "attached" to our microwaves. Yikes! I've gone "old-school" in warming up food on the stove until a new one was installed today. It's amazing how "long" it takes to warm something up (or the laboriousness of pulling pots and pans to the stove) instead of zapping up leftovers for a 30 second stint in the microwave.

I hope my other appliances will last at least 10 years before being replaced (preferably 20 years!). There have got to be folks with stories of their long-lived fridges, stoves, dishwashers, washers and dryers, and of course, microwaves. What's your oldest running appliance?

BSoleille! The bright side of a new microwave (photo is the old one) and a huge shout of THANKS to Michael Serafini for the installation!

Terri




No comments: