A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, May 16, 2019

A Beautiful Day in MD and DC with Laura Hennessey

A month ago I was lucky enough to travel to Puerto Rico with Laura Murphy...and today, got to spend an entire day with Laura Murphy's BG's (Bowling Green State University) college roommate/and our CC teammate, Laura Hennessey. Laura H. is in town visiting her brother and his family, as well as attending a wedding later in the week. We planned today to tool around town; first going to the United States National Arboretum (my first visit there, and hers too); a quick trip back to my house and lunch, then off to Andrews Air Force Base to see Air Force One. A busy but super fun day for sure.

We especially loved the bonsai trees/plants at the Arboretum, and the warm sunshine making everything plant related come to life, or so it seemed. Our crab cakes at lunch and dinner were not too shabby either (at the restaurant and her brother's home), and it was fun heading to the AFB to see the planes and jets (especially when they take off, like an F18).

I am thankful for the good day to catch up with each other's lives (she now hails from Indiana) -especially in awesome settings around these parts of Maryland and DC in full bloom!

BSoleille!

Terri









No comments: