A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Can We Be Giddy on New Appliances?

First world problems are when our "convenient" appliances go belly-up and no longer work. Since "things" go in threes, I hope we are done with replacing appliances for awhile (microwave a couple of weeks ago, and washer and dryer today.) I/we feel very thankful that they can be replaced, but I've got to admit, son Ryan and I were giddy this afternoon when he started washing everything dirty from his room (it was a lot!).

So, can we really be giddy about a washer that works properly, and a dryer that doesn't take two hours to dry a small load? That's what we were living with, and it "worked"...until it didn't. I must also admit, we really had to be patient with our dryer...

I believe the answer is a resounding "yes" on getting new appliances (Kenmore). I also hope they will work consistently well for the next 15-20 years (is that too much wishful thinking?).

BSoleille! The bright side of ushering in a new era of a washer and dryer.

Terri

Now, from the looks of this photo, we "need" new shelving....


No comments: