A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Let the Sunshine In

I have posted in the past where a song can "instantly" bring you back to a place in time like nothing else. Today, while listening to music on a sunny morning run, The 5th Dimension's Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In came up in the queue and I was "instantly" transported to the summer of 1970 while on a track in Tremont in Cleveland, Ohio. My Dad took me there several times that summer to practice my starts in track; I was 8 1/2 years old. The South High School band was practicing on the craggy grass infield, and the horn section of their band "belted" out this one and only song they practiced all evening. For some uncanny reason, I can still hear those brass horns 47 years later...

BSoleille!
Terri



No comments: