A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mickey Mouse and the Olympics

While catching most of the 2016 Olympic Track and Field Trials in our "back office/man cave", out of the corner of my eye sits a fairly large Mickey Mouse stuffed animal I bought in 1984 while in Los Angeles for the Olympic Games! How very exciting those three plus weeks were with driving across the country,  taking in all the sites enroute, and then attending many events and venues around Los Angeles (mostly track and field). On an off day of the Games, my travel companions and I went to Disneyland where my Mickey was "born". And because I bought such a large item, the duty to pack the trunk of the car each day was left to me because I didn't want Mickey's nose to get crushed with bags and suitcases!

It's really kind of crazy that I still have him, but every time I look at him, I'm happily reminded of a wonderful time in my young life at that time, and those awesome Olympic Games of 1984!!

BSoleille! The bright side of Olympic memories (think Carl Lewis, Joan Benoit, Rowdy Gaines, Mary T. Meager, Tracy Caulkins, Bart Conner, Mary Lou Retton and Edwin Moses)! 83 Gold medals in all!

Terri (and Mickey)





No comments: