A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Do You Believe in Miracles?

Ten years ago right now, my son Ryan began his Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant at Duke University Hospital.  The 931cc's of rich marrow from Ryan's gracious donor, Scott Harris, along with large polys of rich red blood cells (A+) took a total of seven hours to infuse.  It was a complex night of anxiety and fear, but as the hours slipped by with no adverse reaction to the new marrow, a glimmer of hope developed that strung together 10 years until this very moment.  What a wild ride following that day, and I am thankful to report that Ryan is an healthy 20 year old community college student working part-time at our local Chipolte!  I/we are indebted to the many people who helped us on this journey of battling childhood cancer, so for this, we deeply THANK YOU!

BSoleille!  The bright side of "Oh Happy Day!"
Terri


1 comment:

Mark from Amherst said...

The power of atomic chicken wings!