A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wounded Warrior Soccer

After refereeing my three youth soccer matches this morning,  I headed over to the main stadium (Germantown Soccer Plex) for the Wounded Warrior Soccer match that this August Cup Tournament is noted for. I was especially excited to see Noah Grove, age 15, playing on the team. Noah was diagnosed with osteosarcoma 10 years ago and had his left leg amputated to completely rid his cancer. (We have known the Grove family from our Georgetown days as our boys' patient rooms were right next door to each other at one point).  Obviously, a gut wrenching decision by his parents, Rachel and Chris, but to see him now, thriving, is really quite remarkable! 

The best part is that Noah was selected for the USA's World Cup Amputee Team, the youngest member on the roster, and maybe the entire tournament to be held this winter in Mexico. What an honor and I am very excited for him and his family as he continues to be the best player he can be!


BSoleille!  The bright side of Noah Grove!
Terri





No comments: