A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Art of CanningTomatoes

I am thankful to have learned a new skill and something I have never done before - canning. A year or so ago my friend Patty Lubin gave me a quart or two of her canned tomatoes and to Marilyn Eichner after a visit to her home. They were delicious and both Marilyn and I expressed interest in learning. 

Fast forward a summer and today was the day to learn this "old fashion" technique. We started with six boxes of large tomatoes and about 60 washed and sterilized ball jars. The "hardest" part was waiting for the blanched tomatoes to cool to remove the skin without burning our fingers. I loved the process and feel good about the ingredients used - just tomatoes! A shout out of thanks to Patty for teaching us and letting us make a "mess" in her kitchen (we cleaned as we moved through the process though). Haha

BSoleille!  The bright side of appreciation of any kind of canned tomatoes, heck, anything canned for that matter!

Terri






No comments: