A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Washingtonian of the Year!

Kathy Russell has been wonderfully bestowed this great honor of being selected as the Washingtonian of the Year! And Congratulations are certainly in order and I am thrilled to share her great news:

http://www.childrensinn.org/site/c.kkI1KiMXIvF/b.2001915/k.9D50/Home_Page_Content.htm








I read the article on the Children's Inn website.  The honor is so well deserved and our family is truly thrilled to see this happen for Kathy!

The Tomoff's are one family that can attest to Kathy's impact on families fighting life threatening situations with their children.  We certainly believe Kathy, and her enitre family, have been a monumental part of Ryan and our family going through the challenges over the last 15 years.  The countless discussions / counseling, social, and just "a shoulder to cry on" have been invaluable.  But most importantly, she is a genuinely caring and compassionate person!  We are so proud of you!

My photo today is Kathy and our kids, Olivia and Ryan, during the summer of 2000 and spending time with her and her family in Bethany Beach, Delaware.

No comments: