A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Wild T"

One of my favorite Christmas presents this past year was a key chain endearingly entitled "Wild T", my nickname in college. It was given (actually sent) to me by my Sunny San Diego friend Cathy Kimpel, who was affectionately called KK. I giggle every time I grab them to head out the door. Now you are probably wondering what the heck I did to "earn" that nickname, and really it is all quite innocent.

How about pennying dorm mates in their rooms? Or calling a friend a hundred times as the "mad ringer" (with rotary dial phones, I may add) and commiserating with her that it has to be some lunatic on campus doing all that calling!? And one of the best ones, and you had to be quite sneaky I have to admit, was going to parties and secretly removing the labels off all the cans in the cupboards. We called it "surprise in a can" for the poor saps who lived there! There are more "wild" stories but they will have to wait for another time to share them....haha!

BSoleille! The bright side of the giggles reflecting back on those college days gone by.



No comments: