A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Great Weekend of Soccer

I mentioned in yesterday's post that my daughter has taken a red shirt for this coming season at JMU (not playing due to injury in her case), but her enthusiasm for her teammates on the field is what I'm thankful for today.  Despite her injuries, she continues to work hard in rehab and cheer on the other women for the good of the team and that is something to be truly proud of.  Thankfully, they won 2-0 over Temple University in a crazy weather afternoon with intense sun/heat; and then rain and a sudden cooling during the game.

I am posting two photos of today, one of the JMU Lady Dukes heading down the winding sidewalk to the practice fields in this new 30 million dollar complex called University Park; and the other one is Olivia in her #16 jersey.

BSoleille, for the bright side of women's soccer at the collegiate level!  Go Dukes!


Terri

1 comment:

tg said...

Fantastic!

I doubt Temple is very thankful, but that's how it goes!!