A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Old Fashioned Letter

I recently received a bonafide "old fashioned" hand-written letter from across the pond (Switzerland). I cannot begin to tell you that it really was a thrill to receive it. My friend, who moved originally to Germany more than 10 years ago, had moved to Switzerland four years ago and I was glad to hear they are safe and sound in their new country. (We lost touch for a few years). So I am ruminating a letter writing campaign back to her but the tug of sending her an instant response by email is overwhelmingly compelling. (Face booked her daughter to get the email). The only thing stopping me is how good it felt to open the letter and I would like her to have the same feeling. Maybe I will do both!

BSoleille!  The bright side of receiving a letter rekindling a friendship. 

Terri

No comments: