A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Knock-Out Roses

I like to call the rose bushes planted in our front yard my Muhammed Ali rose bushes, or otherwise known as "knock-out" rose bushes that I planted several years ago. They are in full bloom this week, but the best thing about the M. Ali's is that they bloom somewhat continuously throughout the spring and summer months, much to my delight. When I bought them, they were quite little, and nothing was budding out at the time, so not sure what color of rose I was actually getting, and don't remember if the containers revealed the colors (I bet they did, right?) But every single bush has those deep pink petals that sometimes look red in different light of the day.

I would love other colors too, but a yellow or light pink never made it back to the yard for planting that year. Maybe next year I'll mix it up a bit!

BSoleille! The bright side of: "taking time to smell the roses." And one more: A rose only becomes beautiful when if opens up and blooms. Its greatest tragedy is to stay in a tight-closed but, never fulfilling its potential. Author Unknown

Terri


No comments: