A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Breakfast on the Brooklyn Bridge

Patti and I got a lot of looks this glorious morning on the Brooklyn Bridge while drinking our coffee/tea, and eating our delicious bagels with eggs and a meat. Folks probably wondered where we bought the stuff (it was early). Easy enough when you trek over the bridge from Manhattan, all the while checking out the beautiful lady in the harbor (Statue of Liberty) and checking out the view of the Manhattan skyline every 50 yards or so (looking back over our shoulders). Once over (about 1.4 miles); we headed over to a great bagel joint in DUMBO, bought our breakfast, and headed back in reverse direction.

Since this morning gave way to bright sunshine and crystal blue skies, we found an open bench and had our breakfast picnic; simply enjoying our last morning together because I headed back to DC this afternoon.

New York is an awesome place for sure, and I am thankful to have spend a few days touring the city with my buddy, Patti Lane. The essence of the city, we felt, is definitely in the people from all over the world, either living and working there, or the thousands of visitors the city accommodates each day. Since we mostly heard foreign tongues, we usually did a double-take when we heard someone speaking English...and I'm not kidding.

BSoleille! The bright side of people can be who they want to be with no judgment; isn't that the true beauty of the Big Apple?

Terri







No comments: