A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

I WON a Quilt!!! Thank You to Friendship Quilters of Linthicum, Maryland!

Do you believe in serendipity? Do you listen to the "whispers" in life? I cannot believe that I won this beautiful quilt from the Friendship Quilters of Linthicum last Friday. Interestingly enough, quilt guilds typically go around the county, even the state (luckily Maryland is "little" enough to to that) to sell raffle tickets of that year's raffle quilt. It's been a "thing" for a couple of hundred years...raffling off a quilt to raise funds. I always buy at least a book of tickets (generally 6 tickets for $5), and have for over 20 years, and so do most our guild members.

At our quilt guild's meeting last Wednesday, we had a member of Four-County Quilters from Frederick, Maryland, selling raffle tickets for their quilt as stated above. We got into a discussion of whether or not we knew any guild member ever winning another's guilds raffle quilt. We both came up short of thinking of a winner.

However,  by fluke, happenstance, or a woowoo moment, two days later I got the call that I won The Friendship Quilters of Linthicum's raffle quilt (they drew my name on Thursday night); not even 24 hours after I had that discussion with the women from Four-County Quilters. Is it a fluke or happenstance? It is definitely a woowoo moment for sure!

I just wonder what are the chances of that even happening after that discussion...the win after not winning anything, or knowing anyone else winning a raffle quilt in over 20 years? Where is that power? I think I have to chalk it up to serendipity and maybe, just maybe, a whisper into the world!

BSoleille! The bright side winning a beautiful quilt from another quilt guild's raffle quilt! A huge THANK YOU to the ladies of Friendship Quilters!

Terri


No comments: