A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Lightning Bolt To Neighbor's Tree

Mother Nature came through late this afternoon with a wicked storm, including a very close lightning strike that hit our neighbor's sycamore tree and shook our house for a few seconds. The flash was so bright and loud that I screamed thinking that something was hit but did not see what at that point. Too much rain coming down to take a look outside.

As quickly as this pop up storm came in, and with 'damage', it quickly dissipated and the sun was shining in less than an half hour. When son Ryan and I decided to grill our dinner, we noticed a lot of fresh bark all over our side yard. When we looked up, we saw the tree where that lightning bolt did indeed strike. Upon checking it out "up close and personal", freshly torn bark was all over my neighbor's front yard, and part of our driveway.

We are all thankful that everyone remained safe after that wild strike, and unbelievably, that tree remains standing, albeit a little "war torn."

BSoleille! Can it strike twice?

Terri




No comments: