A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, December 28, 2018

A #CelebratingOthers THANK YOU!

Well, I tried my best in 2018 in #CelebratingOthers on many Fridays throughout the year. It was a new angle on my blog that I truly enjoyed, and would like to continue in 2019.  I am so very thankful to all the folks that let me celebrate them, and in turn, sharing their stories to the world. I loved learning about all of them; their hopes and dreams, who or what inspired them, and what makes them "tick." They have all been an inspiration to me, and for that time spent with each of them (by phone and in person), I am eternally grateful.

I'd like to share a couple follow-ups:

My first #CelebrateOthers post was my Mom, and she is still doing fairly well today. That strong Polish blood keeps her going and she seemed happy during each visit I had with her in 2018.

Jim Stevenson's post on May 5, 2018, resulted in a phone reunion with an "old" Army buddy from Viet Nam/101st Airborne (a reunion that was 50 years in the making) whose wife read my post by happenstance. Patricia Preau reached out to me to reach Jim, but by the time I realized who she was,  and her husband, who was friends with Jim, Hilton Preau, she had already contacted Jim for the reunion by phone. They are planning on seeing each other in person in the next year (Hilton lives in Georgia). I am thankful that Jim's post with the "right" hashtags connected these two patriots! Makes my heart sing!

And one of the best updates for the year is from Cancer Survivor Danielle Eichner's post on May 11, 2018, when she was eight/nine months pregnant, and thankfully, had a perfectly healthy baby girl, Logan Rose, on May 22, 2018!

BSoleille! The bright side of a wonderful wrap and round up of #CelebratingOthers in 2018. Thank you for tuning in...

Terri


Logan Rose

Sophie Nolan

Jim Stevenson and his Viet Nam buddies



No comments: