A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, March 22, 2018

#CelebrateOthers - "The Best Daughter" Turns 26 today!

Twenty-six never looked so good, especially when that special person in your life is your first born daughter. Really, it seems like yesterday that sweet bundle of joy was gently placed in my arms by a loving nurse at Fairview Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. A start of a new journey in motherhood, and I was thrilled beyond measure.

Fast forward through all the "stages" of development, including college, and viola', an amazing and grown woman stands before me! She has certainly weathered a lot of storms, the top one being the big sister to her brother Ryan, a five time cancer survivor, where her tenderness and strength came through in spades when the chips were down on many occasions. She was the "rock" that held our family together, and I /we will always be thankful for her fighting spirit and pragmatic ways while the family navigated through some very rough waters through her developing years.

So today, we toast and celebrate "The Best Daughter's" Birthday, along with her ever increasing wise ways; all needed as she operates through and around the business world at KPMG. Her grit,  determination and the fact she goes "hard in the paint" everyday (forgive me, but I had to say it while college hoop tourney is on) is bar none; on the job and in everything she does in life. What more can a set of parents ask? We are very proud of this beautiful young lady named Olivia Grace and love her more than words can say!

BSolielle! The bright side of a very Happy Birthday to Olivia Grace Tomoff!

Photos: Dinner in Georgetown
Olivia at 26!

O, Mom, Ryan, Lizdot, Dad

O and Me last summer at Ali Meir's Wedding!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please give my best wishes to "The Best Daughter" it was wonderful seeing her at the quilt show.