A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Someone Else's Grocery List

Today I needed to restock my kitchen with groceries after a long hiatus of not shopping due to travel over the holidays. We all do it, staving off that trip by eating out of the cupboards and emptying out the freezer and shelves until we are back. When there is practically no fresh fruit left, it's time. So off I went with my list and a happy dance to buy fresh stuff and restock once again.

And as we do in our family, I gathered a "wayward" cart in the parking lot as I walked into the store. Within moments I saw a white paper peering out of the corner of the cart... a list...and it wasn't mine. I felt like I was peering into someone's kitchen and wondering what they needed. Well, in that case, it was all on the list. But since I also had my list, that "someone-else's-grocery-list" got crunched as my cart became laden with all the provisions I heaped on top of it. Not to worry though, after loading my bags carefully in the car, I took the cart back to its proper cart location and that "someone-else's-grocery-list was still intact on the side of the top basket, albeit a wee bit crumpled...but still quite readable! Ha!

BSoleille! The bright side of sticking to your grocery list!
Terri

The "someone-else's-grocery-list"

My list and provisions...

No comments: