A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 8, 2018

Juror #11 is Not Needed

Summoned last month to do my civic duty and report for jury duty today was very interesting. I was actually very impressed on how "our" judicial system works 'live' (civil, not criminal case, mind you); and not just what we see on TV with the plethora of courtroom dramas that are portrayed. Going in my group number was 129 out of approximately 140. Not bad I thought, and that I'd never get on a jury with that high of a number. Well, that was just because I was at the "end" of the alphabet. My "real" juror number was 11, and they took 35 back into the chamber to continue the vetting process.

The judge was great, as well as all the attorneys and the rest of the "players" in the courtroom, but alas, Juror #11 was not selected today, nor for the rest of the week as originally thought. I was this close, and everyone not selected got herded back to the waiting area. A few minutes passed as we began "settling" in once again to be called up, and without any "warning" or "fanfare", were dismissed. Just like that...go home! The comical bailiff lady said to us: "do not call; do not report, and do not pass go, at least for the rest of the week." I thankfully made my cool $15 and skedaddled right on home.

BSoleille! The bright side of a kicking judicial system we should all be quite proud of!

Terri




No comments: