A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Long-Arm Bee

Learning new techniques and tips are the basis of continual schooling, even if you've been doing something for awhile. Today I am talking about Long-Arm Quilting, and I am thankful that fellow quilter and friend, Wendy Allen, started this very informative bee several months ago. Believe me, there is a lot that goes into making a quilt, and the last step, quilting the "sandwich", is its own entity. 

We only meet once a month for two hours, but the 120 minutes fly by since there is a plethora of items to discuss including batting, thread, troubleshooting and to get opinions on how to quilt something we've been working on. A big shout of thanks to Pilar Joy who hosted this morning. She has an awesome sewing space in her basement with great light, lots sewing stations and a separate room for her long-arm (quite typical because we need 9-12 ft. in width to "host" a behemoth machine).

BSoleille! The bright side of continued learning!

Terri



The gang today included Frank Rucky, Wendy Allen and Pilar Joy!


No comments: