A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year 2018!

Believe it or not, I still typed a "7" when typing out this post title; so, it will take a little time to truly usher in the new year, but I am excited to do so. And although I consider September the "start of the new year", realistically, January 1st is the day of new beginnings, new ideas, and more or less, gutting through some very cold winter days. Except for reading more books on a personal level, I have been thinking about mixing up my blogposts with: #CelebratingOthers. Thankfully, today also begins my seventh year with (almost) daily blogging. Woooohooo!

Over the course of this new year, my plan is to write about the "unsung" heroes that have and continue to inspire me each day. I had "milled" over this concept a couple years ago, and have done some individual posts on several people in the last six years, but in 2018 I want to devote at least one day a week to spotlight folks that are passionate in what they do each day, are role models and mentors to many, are creative and artistic, are not afraid of challenges, and are making a difference in my/our lives. The Celebrating Others Project 2018 or (COP2018) has a nice ring to it, I hope you will follow along.

Let's all fasten our seat belts for another trip around the sun; all 7 billion of us!

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos from the DC Lucky Bar while taking in an English Premier soccer game (Manchester United 2- nil over Everton).



No comments: