A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, January 20, 2018

"And we Sang Dirges in the Dark"

And if you guessed, "American Pie, you are correct! ...the day the music died...

So, while getting in a quick run around the Crofton Parkway due to pleasant temperatures and sunny skies, it's way easier to run, or pretty much do anything, to music. As the songs rolled through the queue, "American Pie" by Don Mclean came on. It's a favorite, no doubt, and even if you haven't heard it in awhile, the words flow back easily to the brain to sing right along with Don. I think it's one of those songs that even a 15 year old in 2018 may know the words...it's that kind of a 10 minute tune for sure. I ran (maybe floated) the last mile singing along and never missed a beat! Ha!

BSoleille!
Terri

Sun shining through this stain glass I obtained in Poland in 1995.


No comments: