A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 18, 2017

This Sewist's New Baby

The sewing I typically do is quilting, and therefore "I am/we are" called quilters. But I've been reading reviews on sewing machines lately (because I've been thinking of buying a newer model), and one reviewer called herself a "sewist", and, for me, it has a nice ring to it. Sewist. It's relatively a "new" word combining "sew" and "artist", describing someone who creates sewn works of art. I like that "new" word, "sewist", but will still answer to "quilter"...

So, for over 30 years I've been sewing and quilting, and have always bought pre-owned sewing machines (turning the "engines" over with the million miles of stitches sewn on every single machine I've owned), but never buying a brand spanking new one...until today! (Actually bought it two weeks ago, but picked it up today). It is "sew" exciting, and I cannot wait to dive into all the "bells and whistles" that this machine has to offer this "sewist". I must report, computer driven technology has certainly enhanced the brand new sewing machines on the market today, and I am thankful to continue creating quilts, totes and anything I can get my needle through...with my new Bernina (let me add the manual is 1" thick!! and I didn’t opt for the embroidery package). I still have a backup machine that is quite nice, and even have a couple more backup backups if needed, so I am set for quite a long while and happy to begin a million stitches all over again. 

BSoleille! The bright side of my "new baby"...AKA sewing machine, and sharing the day with my "Bernie Sisters" (all owners of Berninas...and other brands too) in Hinkletown, Pennsylvania!

Terri

Photos with buyers and lookers: Carrie Casto, Susie Stevenson and Karen Todd; plus some trades, big tote bags in the boxes and transporting machines back to Maryland for other folks 


No comments: