A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 11, 2017

Feisty Fabrics

Feisty fabrics are also known as scraps, and quilters are notorious for their scraps. Some have more than others, and many a quilt is made from lots and lots of scraps. Frankly, there are many books dedicated to the "scrap quilt", so it is a thing! Of course, over the years, I have accumulated many "feisty fabrics",  and, I must admit, they do come in handy even when a scrap quilt is not involved.

Today I have been working on a few quilts, but one in particular needed just a little bit of color and pop. No need to use a large piece of fabric for such tiny pieces, so into the scrap bag I went and dug though...looking for the exact color I needed. Sure enough, the scrap bag does not disappoint and I was able to carry on with the task as hand without missing a beat. Thankfully, I am working on a deadline, because while looking through the scrap bag, my mind started wandering on making something else with all those scraps...like a scrap quilt! Nope, not today!

BSoleille! The bright side of a large inventory of feisty fabrics!

Terri

This is a scrap bag of feisty fabrics that is 2 ft. high!

One of my current projects; the star and bulbs are "scraps".





No comments: